Studio Policies & Procedures
WELCOME TO eXtensions Dance Academy. We thank you for allowing us to share our passion for dance with you and your child. Please be aware of the following policies and procedures to ensure a smooth year at EDA. Never hesitate to call the office with any questions or concerns.
1. Tuition is based on a 34 week dance session. For your convenience, the total cost of lessons has been divided into 9 monthly payments, even though some months have more and some months have fewer lessons.
2. Tuition is due on the 1st of the month. We allow a 10 day grace period, a $20 late fee will automatically be added to all tuition received after the 10th of the month.
3. Students will not be allowed to participate in class if their account is more than 2 months past due.
4. There will be no refunds for missed classes. Students may make-up missed classes within one month of the absence. Please check with the front desk for a make up time.
5. Accounts not paid IN FULL at the time of the recital will not be allowed to participate in the recital.
6. There is a $30 charge for returned checks. After the 3rd returned check all payments to EDA will need to be paid by cash.
1. Any form fitting dancewear can be worn for jazz, lyrical, ballet, jazz technique, contemporary, tap, broadway and tumbling.
2. Students in the 1 hour ballet technique, pre-pointe & pointe classes must wear a solid black leotard, ‘ballet pink’ tights, and have their hair secured in a bun.
3. Sweatpants, long shorts and baggy tops are allowed for hip hop only. No jeans.
4. Hair must be pulled back and anchored away from the face in a ponytail, bun or braid.
5. For safety reasons, no large jewelry.
6. Please wear the appropriate shoes for each class. Due to safety reasons, dancers will not be allowed to dance in socks or tights.
ATTENDANCE & CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR
1. We encourage consistent attendance as this promotes a strong work ethic and will give each dancer the best results in regards to training. As we get closer to recital it becomes increasingly important that everyone is in attendance so that we can properly prepare the dances for the stage. We are aware that kids get sick and things come up, but please do your best to get your student to class consistently.
2. We do have an attendance policy in place for a competition teams. Please be sure to review this information in the competition packet.
3. At the beginning of the year the teachers will review classroom rules and proper classroom behavior that is expected at EDA. If a student is being disruptive or disrespectful to their teacher and/or classmates they may be asked to sit and watch or will be excused for the remainder of the class.. Classes missed due to bad behavior will not be eligible for make-ups.
4. Parents and/or guests are not allowed in the dance rooms unless invited in by the teacher. We provide viewing windows for parents and guests to enjoy watching their children dance without distracting the students during class.
WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS:
1. In the event of severe weather, classes may be cancelled. Closings will be posted on our website, our FB page and on the answering machine.
RECITAL & COSTUME INFORMATION
Participation in our end of the year recital is not mandatory, however the recital is typically the highlight of the year for most dancers. It’s the culmination of a years hard work as well as a chance to shine in front of family & friends. The kids will anticipate the show with nervous excitement, and I promise it is an experience they’ll never forget. More recital information will be coming soon.
Costumes orders will be placed in early November. For your budgeting convenience, anyone wanting to make costume deposits may do so during September and October. Please use a separate check and write, costume deposit for students name, in the memo of the check.
All costume balances must be paid IN FULL during costume week. Any costumes not paid IN FULL at that time will be placed on a separate order and will incur extra shipping and handling charges. There is a possibility that late costume orders may not be delivered in time for competitions, pictures and/or recital.
All 3 and 4 year olds will have 1 costume.
All combo classes age 5 and up will have 2 costumes.
All ala carte classes will have 1 costume per dance style.
All excite team members will have 7 costumes plus 1 additional for each optional class.
All extreme team members will have 9 costumes plus 1 additional for each optional class.
All students participating in the dance recital will be charged a recital fee in March to help offset the cost of the production. All families will receive free tickets to the show to distribute to family and friends.
We will work hard to make your dance experience organized and fun. Keeping you informed is one of our primary goals. Monthly newsletter will be posted on our website and in the waiting room. During registration you will also have the option to join our email list to receive the monthly newsletter via email.
Thank you for choosing eXtensions Dance Academy.
We look forward to a wonderful first year!!