Located at 3108 Mt Vernon Rd. in SE Cedar Rapids, our studio features:
* 3 dance rooms equipped with Harlequin “floating” dance floors. 2 covered in Marley and one hardwood.
* Large viewing windows into two of the dance rooms. Classes held in room 3 can be viewed on a TV.
* A large waiting area with cable TV and Wi Fi.
* Dancer dressing room, clean restrooms and outdoor eating area.
* On Pointe Dance Boutique for all your shoe and dance wear needs.
* Convenient off street parking.
Room 1 Room 2 Room 3
More about our Harlequin Flooring Dance is a very physical activity that can put a lot of stress on the bones and joints. Most dance footwear provides very little, if any, cushioning or support, so the shock of dance movement can place a lot of pressure on the knees and back of a dancer. The best way to prevent against potential injury is by choosing a studio with a professional “floating floor”. A floating floor is a dance floor that rests on a system of high-density foam, to absorb the shock of landing. A high-density foam base is superior to a “sprung” floor, which usually consists of a wood structure built on a regular floor. The top layer of the dance floor is also important. A vinyl and rubber composite “harlequin” floor is accepted as the best surface layer for recreational to professional dance. Facilities such as the Joffrey Ballet of New York and Chicago, American Ballet Theater of New York, and Riverdance are just a few of the many professional dance organizations that use harlequin floors as their dance surface. A harlequin floor will protect your child from slips and falls as well as over use injuries and muscle fatigue.