Costume Week 2018 = November 12th – 15th
Costume week is such an exciting time for the kids, and often times the parents too. It is our goal to make it as organized and hassle free as possible. If you’re a new parent or just want a refresher on how costume week works please read on.
All costumes need to be ordered and paid by November 15th to avoid additional shipping and handling charges, as well as to guarantee that they arrive in time for all competitions, pictures, rehearsals and the showcase.
- Upon arriving at the studio, please check into the front desk to get your dancers costume worksheet. Please verify all of the class day/times listed on your worksheet. If anything is listed incorrectly please have it changed at the front desk. Failing to do so may result in your child receiving the wrong costumes.
- Once your class times are verified you’ll need to grab a tape measure, measure your dancer and fill in the measurements section of the worksheet. Parents are welcome to measure their own children. The front desk staff is available to help and/or answer any questions you may have. Once you’re finished measuring your child he/she may go to class.
- Next you’ll choose sizes. Each of your childs costumes is listed on the worksheet, along with the costume company that it comes from. Each costume company has their own size chart and we have them available in packets around the studio. Grab a packet, find the company for your childs costume, take a look at your childs measurements and decide on a size. A lot of times a childs measurements will span several different sizes. When this happens remember that the girth measurement is the most important in a one piece costume and hips and bust are most important in a two piece. If in doubt, size up. It’s MUCH easier to take in a costume that’s too big as opposed to adding to a costume that’s too small. Also keep in mind that the kids won’t be wearing these for another 6 months, leave yourself a little room from a growth spurt. If your older child/teen measures small just remember that any pants and/or long sleeves will most likely be too short if you order a child size costumes. You’ll be better off ordering a small adult and taking it in. Once you’ve decided on a size fill it in on your worksheet.
- Once you’ve filled out all of the sizes you’ll need to fill in the prices. Check the costume postings and find the price for the size you’re ordering. Please use the total amount (including tax), and mark that down on your worksheet.
- If your dancer is in hip hop you’ll need a hip hop shoe order form. Hip Hop shoes will be posted on a separate board. Find your dancers class time on the board, mark size and price.
- Daddy/Daughter is also posted separately and is open to all dancers. Class times will be posted with the costume. Dancers that want to participate are welcome to dance with dads, grandpas, uncles, big brothers, family friends, etc.. If you’re wanting to participate in D/D please list names on the sign-up sheet and fill out an order form for the girls’ costume.
- Total the costume amounts on the worksheet and turn in with payment to the front desk. Costume worksheet totals, hip hop shoes and/or optional daddy daughter orders can all be added together and paid in one check if that is easier for you.
- We prefer checks during costume week because all costumes go through a separate account. If you need to use a card there will be a 3.5% fee, and be prepared as it will take longer at the front desk when checking out.
- Again, please don’t hesitate to ask questions or ask for help, that’s what we’re here for. We want to make this as quick and easy as possible. 🙂